Follow Me Where I Go...



Blog owner not responsible for errors at the source




Saturday, September 27, 2014

Why

Why
Why do you go where I cannot follow?
This path is not one I trod lightly
I promised to go where you lead
But the behavior you choose is quite unsightly
I feel lied to remembering the things you said

Time will pass people will forget
I’m an elephant though, I never will
The scars you’ve left will heal so slowly
It’s amazing how raw a cut can feel
Reduce me to feeling so incredibly lowly

Mayhap one day I’ll smile and laugh
Remembering a look or a glance or a grin
Right now the scars are too fresh, too raw
To notice anything ready to begin
I must wait for my heart to thaw


#why, #follow, #path, #trod, #promised, #lead, #behavior, #choose, #unsightly, #lied, #remember, #things, #time, #pass, #people, #forget, #elephant, #scars, #left, #heal, #slowly, #raw, #cut, #reduce, #lowly, #smile, #laugh, #look, #glance, #grin, #fresh, #notice, #begin, #wait, #heart, #thaw, #poem, #poetry 

No comments:

Post a Comment