Follow Me Where I Go...



Blog owner not responsible for errors at the source




Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mud Doesn't Become you...

Never meant to be
For fiction fails us now
There are no fairy tale princes
No midnight rides
No pumpkin carriages
All there is
The here and now
Crashing notes of reality
Burdens of normality
Pain and regret
Tempered by the fact
That at least
I’m not dragging you
Down with me
For as much as you
Would raise me higher than I’ve ever been
I come from the gutters
People tend to get trapped here
I wouldn’t want you caught
Mud doesn’t become you

#fiction, #fails, #fairytale, #princes, #midnight, #rides, #pumpkin, #carriages, #crashing, #notes, #reality, #burdens, #normality, #pain, #regret, #tempered, #fact, #dragging, #down, #raise, #higher, #gutters, #tend, #trapped, #caught, #mud, #become, #poem, #poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment