Follow Me Where I Go...



Blog owner not responsible for errors at the source




Saturday, August 31, 2013

Coin Flip Poems

Everyone holds in them the possibility of being light or dark, hope and joy.  Here are two poems that show both sides of the coin, so to speak.

JARS OF CLAY
Jars of clay can’t capture of hearts
Hands can’t hold our spirits
Break us down to our component parts
We still retain our specialness
In the break of dawn we will rise
Our hearts will soar to new heights
Every new day we sing new praise
Tomorrow brings new challenges

JUST OUT OF REACH
Reaching for the stars just out of grasp
Falling further and further away
I don’t know
I keep reaching overhead
Knowing they just get away
The stars will align for their own desperate need
Needing no help for anyone here
Why should I think
That I’m someone special?
I shed one single tear

No comments:

Post a Comment