Follow Me Where I Go...



Blog owner not responsible for errors at the source




Monday, December 4, 2017

Fear

Afraid is such a broad term
But currently how I feel
Afraid of what I'm feeling
Afraid it could be real
Terror down to my bones
Anticipation and dread
If this isn't terror or fear
I cringe at what's being said
This world is crashing down on me
Anxiety closing in
As the curtains fall dark and slack
I recounts all my sins
Fear is knowing you aren't best
Your best isn't good enough
No matter how you play the game
You play a bit too rough
No one will ever think on you
With stardust in their eyes
Or longing speak your name
With a heaving hearty sighs
The world is full of us
The normal everyday folk
The ones afraid of everything
Too scared to even joke
Our numbers they are legion
Out of cities we do rise
But no one ever hears us
For silent are our cries

No comments:

Post a Comment